Updated 27 August 2014
SAVE THIS DATE!
Please mark your calendars now to reserve the date for the following important Post event:
OKC Post Scholarship Golf Tournament
October 3rd, 2014
Kicking Bird Golf Club, Edmond, OK.
August Lunch Meeting
Our guest speaker is: Gene Snyman, Deputy, Small Business Program,
US Army Corps of Engineers, Tulsa District
Program: Join us in welcoming Gene Snyman, Deputy, Small Business Program for the US Army Corps of Engineers, Tulsa District
Mr. Snyman will discuss the Small Business participation factor and
subcontracting/subcontracting reporting on unrestricted acquisitions. He
will also share some forecast information for the Tulsa District.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Tulsa District (SWT), develops small
businesses and maximizes opportunities for procurements within SWT footprint
on a continual basis, thereby ensuring a broad base of capable small
business firms to support the SWT mission and strengthen our Nation's
What does SWT Buy?
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers buys a variety of supplies, construction
and engineering and other services. Examples of these acquisitions:
· Construction -- Barracks, dining facilities, maintenance shops, hangers, hospitals, airfields, roads, levees, dams, dredging, and navigation.
· Engineering Services -- Concept studies, master planning, engineering studies, all types of surveying and mapping, engineering design and construction and inspection services.
· Environmental Services -- Consulting Services, Remediation, FUDS, Studies, and Investigation
· Other Services -- Refuse collection, grounds maintenance, janitorial, oversee and maintain recreational parks
· Real estate appraisal and title searches.
· Supplies and Equipment -- Generators, turbines, HVAC equipment, electronic gear, repair parts, lumber, riprap, stone cement, and pre-fab buildings
Thank you to our small business sponsor, Redbud Marketing, LLC (Redbud)!
Redbud provides marketing and business development support to architects,
engineers and construction professionals. Dedicated to connecting people,
places, and things, Redbud is a member of the Clever Collaboration, a
network of highly trained and experienced consultants across the globe. This
network allows for comprehensive consulting services through one contact.
Redbud is a registered Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) to provide
marketing and public engagement support.
Location: Rose State College Student Center, Raider Room
Date: Thursday, August 28st
Check-in time is 11:30 with the luncheon starting at 12:00
Cost: Members - $10.00; Non-Members - $12.00
PLEASE NOTE: It is very important that you RSVP as soon as possible. We have to get our head count to the meal vendor by COB Friday, August 22th. So to ensure that we will have meals for everyone we need you to RSVP before then.
INVITE A FRIEND TO NEXT MONTH’s LUNCHEON!
Please invite a friend to tag along with you to the next monthly SAME luncheon. You know the great benefits of belonging to SAME, so please share our great society with others that you know—co-workers, business associates, friends, relatives. All are welcome to attend our meetings and hopefully gain an appreciation for the wonderful benefits SAME has to offer! See you at a meeting soon!